The effect of parenting patterns of warehouse labor on forming character of their elementary children
A case study at PT YONGJIN JAVASUKA GARMENT
Keywords:character, education, parenting
Background: The rapid development of science has had a major impact on various aspects of life, one of which is the world of education. As prospective educators, we must become good and professional educators in this developing world of education. Therefore, in educating children, the role of parenting is very much needed to help grow the initial character in children. Character education in children is very important to be given as early as possible and the right education can build good character. Instilling character in children must be accustomed from an early age, so that after the child moves into adolescence and adulthood, the child is accustomed to having a good character condition. Facts that occur in the field when researchers make observations, especially at PT Yongjin Javasuka Garment, there are still many inappropriate parenting patterns such as parents who ignore the importance of interacting between parents and their children. Especially parents who prefer to pursue a career and entrust their child care to their family and others. The role of career parenting is certainly very influential on the formation of children's character from an early age. The impact of this problem is that children become less attentive because of busy working parents, children feel free to play anywhere due to lack of supervision from parents, and lack of supervision when children study or do school assignments.
Purpose: The goal to be achieved in conducting this research is to determine the effect of the role of parenting career parents on the formation of character in children.
Design and methods: This study uses a quantitative approach with causality correlation method.
Results: The results of hypothesis testing indicate that there is a significant influence of career parenting on character formation in elementary school-aged children and the level of relationship strength of career parenting on character formation in elementary school-aged children has a moderate level of relationship. The influence of career parenting on character formation in elementary school-aged children has an effect of 27.6% while the remaining 72.4% is influenced by other factors not examined by researchers.
Abdullah, M. (2015). Metodologi Penelitian Kuantitatif. Aswaja Pressindo.
Abror, P. (2016). Konsep Pola Asuh Orang Tua dalam Al-Qur’an: Studi Analisis Ayat-Ayat Komunikasi Orang Tua dan Anak. SYAMIL: Jurnal Pendidikan Agama Islam (Journal of Islamic Education), 4(1). https://doi.org/10.21093/sy.v4i1.540
Ainissyifa, H. (2017). Pendidikan Karakter dalam Perspektif Pendidikan Islam. 08(01), 26.
Amaliyah, A. (2020). Peran Orang Tua Karir dalam Mengembangkan Karakter Religiusitas Anak (Studi di Komplek Pepabri Blok B.3 No.21 RT.15 Kelurahan Lingkar Barat Kecamatan Gading Cempaka Kota Bengkulu). 2(1), 10.
Nulhaqim, A. (2021). Statistika Dasar. Albina Design Print
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Vega Velia Azhari, Muhammad Ichsan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to Copyright notice.